[soc.religion.christian] The Only Doorway

NU169273@vm1.nodak.edu (03/09/91)

                        THE ONLY DOORWAY
                        ================

JESUS IS THE DOOR...
  Jesus said, in John 10:9 - "I am the door:  by me if
any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and
out and find pasture."

JESUS IS THE WAY...
  "I am the way, the truth, and the life:  no man cometh
unto the Father, but by me."  John 14:6

JESUS IS THE DOOR... JESUS IS THE WAY...
JESUS IS THE ONLY DOORWAY TO HEAVEN

HE THAT ENTERETH NOT BY THE DOOR...
  "VERILY, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not
by the door into the sheepfold, BUT CLIMBETH UP SOME
OTHER WAY, the same is a thief and a robber."  John 10:1

My friend, let me ask you a most important question, are
you trying to enter heaven some other way?  If you are,
Jesus said, you are a thief and a robber.

The church building is not the door!

The preacher is not the door!

Water baptism is not the door!

Church membership is not the door!

Being a good person is not the way!

Having good works is not the way!
JESUS IS THE ONLY DOORWAY TO HEAVEN!

"Neither is there salvation in any other:  for there is
none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we
must be saved."  Acts 4:12

There is nothing you can do on your own, to earn
salvation and get to heaven, (But we are all as an
unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy
rags.  Isaiah 64:6)  Only by receiving Jesus Christ as
your Lord and Savior can you enter into the kingdom of
God.

HOW DO WE ENTER THE DOOR...
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord
Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath
raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with
the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the
mouth confession is made unto salvation."  Romans 10:9-10
  "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord
shall be saved."  Romans 10:13

We enter the door, by asking Jesus to come into our
hearts and save us.

"But as many as received him, to them he gave power to
become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his
name."  John 1:12

Don't let the devil deceive you, by believing there is
some other way.  For he is a liar, and the father of it.
John 8:44

Salvation and eternal life is a free gift to all, who
will simply receive Jesus Christ into their heart.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
yourselves:  It is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest
any man should boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9

Jesus said, in Mark 1:15 - "The time is fulfilled, and
the kingdom of God is at hand:  repent ye, and believe
the gospel."

To believe the gospel, is to believe:  "...that Christ
died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that
he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
according to the scriptures."  1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Jesus died on the cross, was buried, and resurrected by
the power of God, for our salvation.

  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not
perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16

  My friend, if you want to be sure that you are saved,
and heaven will be your home; pray this simple sinner's
prayer and mean it with all you heart.

        --------------------------------------
Oh God, be merciful to me a sinner, I believe that Jesus
died for my sins, I repent of my sins, and trust Jesus as
my Lord and Savior.  Thank you Lord Jesus for saving me.
Amen.
        --------------------------------------

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:  and
he the believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the
wrath of God abideth on him."  John 3:36

K. Paulson
222 Stockbridge Hall
N. D. S. U.
Fargo, ND 58105

JMK5@ns.cc.lehigh.edu (J. Michael Kafes) (03/18/91)

Be careful when interpreting Jesus's quotes.  I tend to think that He
speaks from two separate stations on different occasions: His Divine
Station and His human station.

Briefly, obviously in Matt 19:17, Mark 10:18 & Luke 18:19 Jesus must be
speaking from his human station, thus differentiating his human self
from God, whereas His Divine Station is speaking in John 14:6.
Perhaps then a different Manifestation of God with the same Holy Spirit
moving in Him can serve as the "Door".  Granted this is conjecture.

There are quotes where Jesus says He will return Himself, and quotes
where another will come in His name.  I don't think this is a
contradiction.

gowj@gatech.edu (James Gow) (04/10/91)

In article <Mar.9.00.52.38.1991.22956@athos.rutgers.edu> NU169273@vm1.nodak.edu writes:

>                        THE ONLY DOORWAY
>                        ================
>

>        --------------------------------------
>Oh God, be merciful to me a sinner, I believe that Jesus
>died for my sins, I repent of my sins, and trust Jesus as
>my Lord and Savior.  Thank you Lord Jesus for saving me.
>Amen.
>        --------------------------------------

Where's the blood?
Remember that commmercial where the old lady used to say "Where's the Beef?"
Well "Where's the Blood?"
It relates to substance. She wanted the burger with real meat. I believe we
all want the salvation with real eternal life.
Jesus said "Verily, Verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the
Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." Although I am
encouraged that the above post does not put baptism in Jesus name as the
door it makes no mention of the blood of christ the agent of satans hold on
your life. 1 JOhn 5:8 mentions "And there are three that bear witness in
earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three agree in
one." 1 John 1:7 says" But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son
cleaneth us from all sin." Though we ask for forgiveness of sins and repent
unless the blood of Christ is applied the cleansing is only skin deep. If yo
u don't think the blood can be applied to your life read 1 Peter 1:2 "Elect
according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of
the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:..."
read it again.
>K. Paulson
>222 Stockbridge Hall
>N. D. S. U.