[soc.religion.christian] Calling?

lshaw@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (logan shaw) (04/14/91)

In article <Apr.9.03.12.58.1991.5547@athos.rutgers.edu> cctr114@csc.canterbury.ac.nz writes:
>While I am in full agreement with women in the ministry I would like to
>say that being able to preach a first class sermon is no indication of
>calling to the ministry. I am been in several churches over the years
>where undoubtedly the best preachers were  from among the parishioners
>rather than the clergy. I do not think that there is really any objective
>test which we could apply to see if a persons calling is real or imagined.

Which brings up an interesting question I've been wondering about lately:
How do you know if you are being called to go into professional, full-time
type ministry?  Is there anybody out there that has been called that would
like to tell how they knew they were called?

Thanks,
   Logan

--
Logan # "He said that He had your number; you cut the telephone line
 Shaw #  You said you needed a reason; He said 'there ain't much time'