[soc.religion.christian] Original Sin changed physical appearance?

kilroy@gboro.glassboro.edu (Darren F Provine) (04/18/91)

While arguing against the idea that the sin in the Garden of Eden affected
relations between the sexes, Jim Green writes:

>This issue isn't as much controversial as it is unscholarly.  There
>just isn't meaningful biblical evidence to support it.

But later, in reply to the suggestion that Adam and Eve hid from God because
they were ashamed of their nakedness, Mr Green writes:

>Nakedness???  They were ashamed because they had DISOBEYED...because they
>had EATEN of the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil...because
>there APPEARANCE had so testified...because the Tree's FOOD had strangely
>changed there biological metabolism and now they LOOKED different.

I have been unable to find anything in Genesis 3 which says this.  There does
not seem to be any indication that Adam or Eve looked different -- only that
their eyes were opened to the the fact that they were naked.

Could you, would you, please provide "meaningful Biblical evidence" that
Adam & Eve had different appearances after eating the forbidden fruit?

kilroy@gboro.glassboro.edu      Darren F. Provine      ...njin!gboro!kilroy
"Cogito ergo I'm right and you're wrong." -- Blair P. Houghton