[soc.religion.christian] Wanted -- EVIL MUSIC HyperCard Stack

dburr@headcrash.berkeley.edu (Donald Burr) (04/17/91)

A friend of mine showed me a HyperCard stack where someone sampled Madonna's
"Like a Prayer" song (the first few words of it) and found it to contain
satanical messages when played backward.  I have tried looking thru various
FTP sites, with no luck; haven't had much luck on BBS's either.

Could someone either point me to where the stack is on FTP, or mail me  a
BinHexed copy?

I will, in turn, be glad to mail anyone who is interestd in this, a copy
of it, once I recieve it.

If no one has the stack, can someone point me to the Email address of the
author of it ?  I know he has one, because the stack said so...

Reply to the addresses below...

Thank you!
Donald Burr; Univ of California, Berkeley | America Online: DonaldBurr
INTERNET: dburr@ocf.Berkeley.EDU          |_Compu$erve:_72540,3071____________
      or: 72540.3071@compuserve.COM       |    "Send flames to /dev/null."

[Oh, no, not again...  Backward masking is one of those things that
comes up so often and is so consistently baseless, that I strongly
advise you to be sceptical without very clear proof.  Does anybody
know about this particular claim?  --clh]

tblake@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Thomas Blake) (04/18/91)

In article <Apr.17.00.28.19.1991.7398@athos.rutgers.edu> dburr@headcrash.berkeley.edu (Donald Burr) writes:
>A friend of mine showed me a HyperCard stack where someone sampled Madonna's
>"Like a Prayer" song (the first few words of it) and found it to contain
>satanical messages when played backward.  I have tried looking thru various
>FTP sites, with no luck; haven't had much luck on BBS's either.

Back a couple of years ago I saw a hilarious cartoon in a catalog of
"Contemporary Christian Music".

One chap says, 		"I think CD's are the work of the Devil".

The other replies, 	"Why?"

The first responds, 	"Because I can't figure out a way to play them
			 backwards!"

(Well, I guess someone has figured out a way!   ;-)

					Tom Blake
					SUNY-Binghamton