[soc.religion.christian] Christianity: easy or hard

dhosek@euler.claremont.edu (Don Hosek) (04/21/91)

In article <Apr.18.03.22.52.1991.7309@athos.rutgers.edu>, tblake@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Thomas Blake) writes:
> In article <Apr.13.22.46.08.1991.11758@athos.rutgers.edu> Jeremy.Gibbons@prg.oxford.ac.uk (Jeremy Gibbons) writes:

>>Nobody ever said Christianity was easy.

> Well, except maybe Jesus...

> Matthew 11:28-30
>
>   28 "Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads,
> and I will give you rest.  29 Take my yoke and put it on you, and learn
> from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find
> rest.  30 For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put
> on you is light.         			(TEV)

Of course, he also said it was hard:

Luke 13,24:

"Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I tell you,
will  attempt to enter but will not be strong enough."

No wonder non-Christians think we're nuts--we are! :-)

-dh

Don Hosek
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu
Quixote Digital Typography