[soc.religion.christian] ... teach a man to fish ...

fitz@mml0.meche.rpi.edu (Brian Fitzgerald) (04/29/91)

Give a man a fish and tomorrow he will be hungry.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

What is the correct wording and the citation for this verse?

Post or send e-mail.
Thanks,

Brian

2fntnougat@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/02/91)

In article <Apr.28.17.59.25.1991.19619@athos.rutgers.edu>, fitz@mml0.meche.rpi.edu (Brian Fitzgerald) writes:
> Give a man a fish and tomorrow he will be hungry.
> Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
>
> What is the correct wording and the citation for this verse?

I don't think this is in the Bible, is it?

[I just looked at all occurences of fish.  It isn't there.  I assumed
the poster was interested in the source, even if it isn't in the
Bible.  --clh]