[net.lan] Networking a PRIME 9955 to UNIX systems

allen@gitpyr.UUCP (P. Allen Jensen) (05/02/86)

I have a few questions about networking PRIME 9955 over an Ungram-Bass
network to a UNIX based ethernet network on which we are running TCP/IP.
Does anyone have any ideas about how we can get the PRIME to talk to
any of the UNIX systems (SUN, MASSCOMP, APOLLO) ?

I will post a followup on what I find out if I find a solution.

P. Allen Jensen
--
        "It's quite easy, if you don't know how.
         That's the important bit.  Be not at all

P. Allen Jensen
Manager, Systems Division
GTICES Systems Laboratory
Department of Civil Engineering
Georgia Insitute of Technology
Atlanta Georgia, 30332-0355
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!allen

scarter@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (Stephen M. Carter) (05/04/86)

In article <1736@gitpyr.UUCP> allen@gitpyr.UUCP (P. Allen Jensen) writes:
>I have a few questions about networking PRIME 9955 over an Ungram-Bass
>network to a UNIX based ethernet network on which we are running TCP/IP.
>Does anyone have any ideas about how we can get the PRIME to talk to
>any of the UNIX systems (SUN, MASSCOMP, APOLLO) ?

The last time I checked, the only thing Prime had (other than Primenet)
was TCP/IP over x.25.   I guess you could put an x.25 interface on one of
your unix boxes (Sun has one), or use an x.25 to E-net gateway (Bridge
Communications, etc ~$10k).

I believe that Prime also introduced Primenet for the IBM/PC, so you might
be able to kludge something there.

All we have at the moment for our two primes is a TCP terminal server backed
up as a milking machine, but let us know if you find something interesting.

-SCarter
uucp:   ...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!scarter
arpa:   SCARTER@RUTGERS or SCARTER@RED.RUTGERS.EDU