[soc.religion.christian] If your sister has need...>was Campus Crusade

lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu (Louie Crew) (06/07/91)

credmond@watmath.waterloo.edu (Chris Redmond) writes:

>It seems to me that whether someone is fed and housed, or not, depends
>on me and people like me.  Whether someone enjoys eternal life, eternal
>punishment, or any other condition throughout eternity, however, depends
>on Almighty God, who is wiser, more powerful, and more merciful than
>I am.  So I think I should put most of my attention onto things that I
>can actually help with.

Cogent and forceful.  Thank you.

Most of the people who have come into the church through ministries I know
about have come because those in the ministry care for them, not because
we pretend to keep heaven's gate.  Grace continues to amaze me that God
will take simple loaves and fishes such as we have to offer and convert
them into mannah in a much more bountiful supply.

Preachers often end worship bidding God to lift his countenance upon our
own.  How awesome is the miracle when God does so.  Some will never see
Jesus if they don't first see Mary, Helen, Chris, Louie.....  What huge
risks God takes to depend on us.  What a travesty if meeting our
sister and brother in need or any other adversity we know only how to
catalog their sins and how to shooo them away from the gate by hitting
them over the heads with the bible as rule book rather than as record
of the Word Made Flesh.

Hale God The Promiscuous Lover, who loves absolutely everybody!

                                  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
                                  | | | | | | |
                              H. M. Quean Lutibelle

    Louie Crew . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu
    Associate Professor . . . . . . . . . . . . . .lcrew@draco.rutgers.edu
    Academic Foundations Department . . . . . . . CompuServe No. 73517,147
    Rutgers:  The State University of New Jersey. . . . . . 201-485-4503 h
    P. O. Box 30 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  201-648-5434 o
    Newark, NJ 07101 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  201-648-5700 FAX

                    Only a dead fish floats with the current.