[net.lan] Does anyone use Interlan Ethernet Terminal Servers?

evan@pedsgo.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (05/02/86)

I posted a similar request about 8 months ago, and got little response.  I
was wondering if anyone else out there in USENET-land uses Interlan's
Ethernet Terminal Servers (either directly or thru another vendor).  It
would be nice to be able to have a mailing list or something so that NTS
network administrators would be working less in the dark.

Anyone out there?

--
NAME:   Evan L. Marcus
UUCP:   ...{pesnta|prcrs|princeton|topaz|hjuxa|vax135}!petsd!pedsgo!evan

phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (05/07/86)

In article <262@pedsgo.UUCP> evan@pedsgo.UUCP (Evan Marcus) writes:
>I posted a similar request about 8 months ago, and got little response.  I
>was wondering if anyone else out there in USENET-land uses Interlan's
>Ethernet Terminal Servers (either directly or thru another vendor).  It
>would be nice to be able to have a mailing list or something so that NTS
>network administrators would be working less in the dark.

Last I checked they used a proprietary protocol. What a drag. Give
me TCP telnet or give me RS232! Have you checked out Encore's Annex?
Pretty nice from what I have seen.
--
 If a reactor melts down in Russia will they call it the America syndrome?

 Phil Ngai +1 408 749 5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil@decwrl.dec.com