[soc.religion.christian] Jesus/Godhead Relationship

stevenst@iaserv.b10.ingr.com (Todd Stevens) (06/21/91)

In article <Jun.15.01.56.27.1991.18403@athos.rutgers.edu> bwood@su1b.uucp (Barbara Wood) writes:
>IS JESUS IN THE GODHEAD OR IS THE GODHEAD IN JESUS?  COLOSSIANS 2:9

When I read Colossians 2:9 (NIV - "For in Christ all the fullness of the
Deity lives in bodily form."), I don't get a sense of the either/or
relationship you describe.  I really don't believe that mortal man will
ever fully understand the relationships between the Father, Son and Holy
Spirit.  What I get from this passage is that Christ will always represent
to us "God as ourselves".  It is he "who, being in very nature God, did
not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself
nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became
obedient to death - even death on a cross!" (Philippians 2:6-8)

~~~~~~~~Todd Stevens~~~~~~~~~~~stevenst@iaserv.b10.ingr.com~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun.  Despite all his efforts
to search it out, man cannot discover its meaning.  Even if a wise man
claims he knows, he cannot really comprehend it.  --- Ecclesiastes 8:17