[soc.religion.christian] Man-God Relationship

burt@sequent.com (06/26/91)

In article <Jun.25.02.34.12.1991.6880@athos.rutgers.edu> TEK0@ns.cc.lehigh.edu (Toyota Eric Komatsu) writes:
>Do you consider the relationship between man and G-d to be like that of
>sheep and their shepard?   Personally I do not feel this way.
>
>                                         --Toyota Komatsu

Personally, I do.  This is *not* the same as saying that I am a sheep.

It is the same as saying that I am no more able to keep *all* of the
Commandments (and thereby remaining spiritually clean) without His help,
than a sheep (domesticated, anyway) is able to survive very long without
a shepherd's.

The rod and the staff are *more* than weapons to protect us from our
enemies.  The rod and staff are the rebukes and reminders that we constantly
require to keep on the straight and narrow.

Well, so much for my moralistic preaching.  I look forward to seeing a
continuation of this thread.

I now return you to such enlightening topics as:
1) Should women wear trousers?
2) Should women be religious leaders?
3) Should homosexuals be religious leaders?
4) What would I do if I knew that homosexuals were going to stage a parade?
5) Is it o.k. to pray to a saint instead of God?
6) Marieology.

I'm an emerging theist; just beginning to believe and trust in God.
I'm not a saved christian, but I sure do like Jesus 8-).
		  burt@sequent.sequent.com