[net.followup] I Propose Net.Love_Sex...

6912ar04@sjuvax.UUCP (rowley) (10/03/84)

 It sounds like a good idea, but without a moderator it might become another
flame-pit for those ultra-moralistic/narrow-minded people who feel the need
to preach fire-and-brimstone at everybody. Isuggest that you,if you want this
new net,also propose that it have a moderator to screen out any unsuitable
material.

 You also need a moderator to keep the contents of posted news relatively
tasteful and/or clean in terms of language. One need not use the F**k word
in the discussion of this topic, so such entries should be censored.

 Maybe it would stay unsullied as mod.love_sex...

                                            Good Luck!
                                          Anthony J. Rowley

  "There is no dark side of the moon really;as a matter of fact it's all dark.."                                                  -pink floyd

jdb@qubix.UUCP (Jeff Bulf) (10/06/84)

> From: 6912ar04@sjuvax.UUCP (rowley)
> It sounds like a good idea, but without a moderator it might become another
> flame-pit for those ultra-moralistic/narrow-minded people who feel the need
> to preach fire-and-brimstone at everybody.

    Those folks have their own groups to guilt-trip each other in. eg
net.{religion,origins,flame,politics,nazis:-)}.

    Rather than a moderator for net.love_sex (foo on uppercase!), how
about just everybody FLAME THE BEJEEZUS out of this class of offender! At
last a guilt-free occaision to blast 'em to the other side of Pluto!

    We're talking here about the sort of thing that is done now
(inappropriately) to freshmen who post "Apt. Wanted in E Outhouse, NJ"
to net.general.

    "How would you like to spend eternity doing pushups
     on a six-foot pile of broken glass?"
--
	Dr Memory
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!qubix!jdb