[soc.religion.christian] Dave Dravecky Miracle

tima@hls.com (06/22/91)

I just read last Thursday that ex-Giant baseball player Dave Dravecky
was going to have his pitching arm amputated because of continuing medical
problems.

Wasn't that the arm that was 'miraculousy' healed of cancer last year ?

Maybe that was just another one of those temporary 'miracles'.

Tim Ames

burt@sequent.com (06/23/91)

In article <Jun.22.00.26.45.1991.6338@athos.rutgers.edu> tima@hls.com writes:
>I just read last Thursday that ex-Giant baseball player Dave Dravecky
>was going to have his pitching arm amputated because of continuing medical
>problems.
>
>Wasn't that the arm that was 'miraculousy' healed of cancer last year ?
>
>Maybe that was just another one of those temporary 'miracles'.
>

>Tim Ames

This is *precisely* the type of thing that preoccupies much of my spiritual
meanderings.  NOT the "miracle healing"; BUT RATHER, that Dravecky was
given a glimpse of what a comeback would be like.  There was a *reason*
for that glimpse, and many things occurred during that brief period (both
to Dravecky, and to everyone who interacted with him).  How about the
people he affected?  There is a story worth hearing in there somewhere...

I would be willing to bet that Dravecky will be grateful for that glimpse,
if he isn't already.  And I sure would like to read his autobiography.

     All I can say is that when I think and behave in the way that
     God wants me to,................. Good Things Happen!  =8*)
		       burt@sequent.sequent.com

mangoe@tove.cs.umd.edu (Charley Wingate) (07/01/91)

Tim Ames writes:

>I just read last Thursday that ex-Giant baseball player Dave Dravecky was
>going to have his pitching arm amputated because of continuing medical
>problems.

>Wasn't that the arm that was 'miraculousy' healed of cancer last year ?

No.

First, of all, the problem wasn't cancer per se, but another kind of growth
which is locally very destructive but not malignant.  The growth was
removed, and we had the comeback, but as is unfortunately the usual case, it
reappeared.  If there was ever a miracle, it was a Sports Illustrated
miracle, not a Vatican miracle.  Dravecky was certainly grateful for the
comeback, but that's not the same thing.
--
C. Wingate        + "How blest are they who have not seen,
                  +  and yet whose faith has constant been,