[comp.virus] Virus Encyclopedia

henry@att.att.com (07/22/89)

In article <0010.y8907131623.AA04591@ge.sei.cmu.edu> IHLS400@INDYCMS.BITNET (Ho
lly Lee Stowe) writes:
>Also, for anyone using Macs and trying to teach others about what things
>to be aware, may I recommend highly a Hypercard stack called the Virus
>Encyclopedia which is available on GEnie and probably other places.
>(The author's name is Henry C. Schmitt, and he's from the Northwest of
>Us, a user group in Arlington Heights, IL.)  Also the informational
>screens from John Norstad's Disinfectant are very helpful.

Thanx for your praise Holly!  I didn't think I'd become famous when
I wrote the stack.  The latest version (dated 6/8/89 on the
disclaimer card) is available on GEnie.  I haven't uploaded it to
Compuserve yet, so the latest version there is only 3/31/89.  I also
upload it to The Rest of Us BBS here in Chicago (when it's up!).
Since it gets downloaded quite a lot, people put it elsewhere too.
I've seen it on HomeBase BBS in CA, someone sent me mail that they
got it off a BBS in Denver, I've even seen it on an archive list
from the U.K.!!

If you want to be sure you have the latest version:  check the Date
Modified on the Disclaimer card.  First Version: 1/22/89, second:
3/31/89, third and latest: 6/8/89.  Of course I'm continually
working on it so I'll probably release another version soon.

Please send me any comments or suggestions.  My mail addresses are:
	GEnie: H.Schmitt
	CompuServe: 72275,1456
	UUCP: henry@chinet.chi.il.us

- --
  H3nry C. Schmitt     | CompuServe: 72275,1456  (Rarely)
 Royal Inn of Yoruba   | UUCP: Henry@chinet.chi.il.us  (Best Bet)