[comp.virus] query re: VIRUSCAN program availability

Rainer Kleinrensing RAINER@DBNUAMA1 (06/30/89)

in VIRUS-L of Jun 28, 1989 Alan J.Roberts mentioned a program called
VIRUSCAN for the IBM PC. I would like to get this program, but I don't know
how. Could someone, if possible, mail me a uuencoded ARC-file ?
   Thank you,
     Rainer Kleinrensing (RAINER at DBNUAMA1 in BITNET)

kelly@uts.amdahl.com (Kelly Goen) (07/24/89)

In article <0005.x8906301409.AA00605@ge.sei.cmu.edu> you write:
>in VIRUS-L of Jun 28, 1989 Alan J.Roberts mentioned a program called
>VIRUSCAN for the IBM PC. I would like to get this program, but I don't know
>how. Could someone, if possible, mail me a uuencoded ARC-file ?
>   Thank you,
>     Rainer Kleinrensing (RAINER at DBNUAMA1 in BITNET)

I have been doing beta testing for john and at his request I am going
to besubmitting the results and the virus scan program... here in just
a few hours to the mailing list... if any one knows a uucp reachable
archive site address to be a recipient of this code please email me
this address as I dont want to have to mail out continuous copies...
                                     cheers
                                     kelly
p.s. its even more inclusive now!!