[comp.virus] /VIR

trebor@uunet.UU.NET (Robert J Woodhead) (10/24/89)

In: VIRUS-L Digest   Monday, 23 Oct 1989    Volume 2 : Issue 216
prieto@gem.mps.ohio-state.edu (Juan Pablo Prieto-Cox) writes:

>I also found a resource of type =/VIR (for
>typographical reasons by =/ I mean the symbol for not equal). Remember
>that I had already ran Disinfectant.  Does anyone have a clue? or a
>similar problem?

You may have a new nVIR strain (I would appreciate copies of infected
files), but =/VIR is the application signature of my Interferon
program.  This is not the first time this has come up, and in retrospect
it may have been a bad choice.

Just FYI:

=/VIR    Interferon
VIRx    Virex (early versions)
VIRy    Virex (more recent versions)

Robert J Woodhead, Biar Games, Inc.   !uunet!biar!trebor | trebor@biar.UUCP
Announcing TEMPORAL EXPRESS.  For only $999,999.95 (per page), your message
will be carefully stored, then sent back in time as soon as technologically
possible.  TEMEX - when it absolutely, postively has to be there yesterday!