[comp.virus] Eddie ?

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (11/28/89)

I was wondering about a text string that appears inside the Dark Avenger
virus:
                Eddie lives...somewhere in time

Wasn't there a character named Eddie in a horror movie ? If so, did this
sentence appear there ?

- -frisk

wsinrn@urc.tue.nl (Rob J. Nauta) (11/29/89)

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) writes:
>I was wondering about a text string that appears inside the Dark Avenger
>virus:
>                Eddie lives...somewhere in time
>
>Wasn't there a character named Eddie in a horror movie ? If so, did this
>sentence appear there ?

All Iron Maiden fans will recognise this, although I'm not one of
them, I do know that part of their claim to fame is their sleeve
illustrations, which features a creature known as 'Eddie' The various
sleeves see him evolve, die, resurrect, enter the future, and on the
last one in the ice-age.  The quote has something to do with the album
before, 'Somewhere in Time' which was more successful.

Greetings

Rob

PS. Do the Ohio and/or Den ZUk virus do any damage apart from
formatting track 41 ?? I'd like to know, there isn't much info on
those...