[comp.virus] JUDE Virus: confirmed

macman@relay.EU.net (Danny Schwendener) (12/06/89)

C0195@UNIVSCVM.BITNET (Gregory E. Gilbert) writes:
>I saw a posting on VALERT-L stating that a new virus has been found
>called the 'Jude' virus.  Does anyone have any information beyond what
>was reported on VALERT-L?  Has this been CONFIRMED to be a virus?

Yes. I have received and analyzed an application infected with this
virus. It is another nVIR B clone. MacMASH has been very active these
days to update the existing anti-virus tools. The results so far: -
Disinfectant 1.3, who now correctly detects and removes this strain -
SAM 1.2 (idem)

Trap watchers like Vaccine and GateKeeper don't neet to be updated for
this new strain. Some disk browsers like Antipan 1.3 already detect
all nVIR B clones, and therefore don't need to be updated either.

- -- Danny

| Danny Schwendener, Apple Developer Services Switzerland               |
| AppleLink: danny.s              UUCP   :   {cernvax,mcvax}ethz!macman |
| Internet:  macman@ifi.ethz.ch   Voice  :   yodel three times          |
DISCLAIMER: These are my very own opinions. Leave my employer alone.