Subject:  AIDS Fix - phone no.
From:     G.Toal @ uk.ac.edinburgh
Date:     20 Dec 89  16:00:54 gmt

>From Frank J Leonhardt. fjl@cix aka uab1018@dircon.UUCP

Here is some information about the Aids disc, gleaned from research
done in London, which, judging from messages taken from the network
and passed on to me from the Edinburgh Virus BB, you may not be aware of.

There are indeed two versions of the disc. There were a few, sent out
about a month ago, labelled as version 1.0. Most of them are labelled
2.0. The two versions are different.

There is a complete fix program available, which will totally un-
scramble you disc even if the trojan has done it's stuff. Not easy
when you consider how the encryption key was made up (i.e. out of free
memory, date, MS-DOS version and so on). If you need this program you
can get hold of it by 'phoning 01-831 9252 (PCBW offices) and ask for
it. PCBW can also be found in the basement of 99 Grey's Inn Road,
London, and would love some more copies of the discs, especially
version 1.0.

The program to restore a smashed disc is called CLEARAIDS and will
soon be available on "cix" in the conference "virus/files". CIX is a
commercial system which us poor non-academics have to use instead of
Janet. <hint!> [OK Frank - I'll get you an ID. GToal]

Thanks for gtoal@uk.ac.ed for getting stuff on and off Janet for this.

Frank J Leonhardt. fjl@cix aka uab1018@dircon.UUCP

- --- End of forwarded message