[comp.virus] Alternative Virus Protection

3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET (Chris Khoury (Sari's Son)) (01/06/90)

      Is there any alternative virus protection, detection init/cdev
besides vaccine and gatekeeper? I need to save space on my disk, so
gatekeeper is too large, but vaccine does not protect me disk from
the other virus's besides Scores and nVir. Any suggestions? I would
prefer that the program is shareware/PD.

    Chris Khoury
Acknowledge-To: <3XMQGAA@CMUVM>

LGEORGE@uunet.UU.NET (Lord Vader) (01/10/90)

3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET (Chris Khoury (Sari's Son)) writes:
>       Is there any alternative virus protection, detection init/cdev
> besides vaccine and gatekeeper? I need to save space on my disk, so
> gatekeeper is too large, but vaccine does not protect me disk from
> the other virus's besides Scores and nVir. Any suggestions? I would
> prefer that the program is shareware/PD.
>
>     Chris Khoury
> Acknowledge-To: <3XMQGAA@CMUVM>

Have considered RWatcher?  It is configurable.  It can be found with
all the other virus stuff at your friendly neighbourhood ftp outlet
that stocks mac stuff, or just go straight to SUMEX and dont pass go
:)

- --
George Stamatopoulos					#### ###
La Trobe University -					#### ###
	Lincoln School of Health Sciences		#### #####
Computing Unit						#### ##### incoln
Melbourne						####
Australia						########## a Trobe