[comp.virus] =VIR?

trebor@biar.UUCP (Robert J Woodhead) (04/04/90)

paul@tenset.UUCP (Paul Andrews) writes:

>Whilst trying to sort out a corrupted desktop file recently I noticed a
>resource of the type '=VIR' (or maybe it was 'not equals'VIR). Anybody know
>what this is? I'm running gatekeeper and use disinfectant and neither seem
>bothered by its presence...

<not equal to>VIR is the application signature of Interferon.  VIRx is
the app sig of early versions of VIREX, VIRy is the app sig of the current
VIREX, and for all I know, VIRz will be the app sig of some future version
of the program.

- --
Robert J Woodhead, Biar Games, Inc.   !uunet!biar!trebor | trebor@biar.UUCP
Announcing TEMPORAL EXPRESS.  For only $999,999.95 (per page), your message
will be carefully stored, then sent back in time as soon as technologically
possible.  TEMEX - when it absolutely, postively has to be there yesterday!