[comp.virus] Is it worth $75 ?

55srwlgs@sacemnet.af.mil (55SRWLGS) (07/22/90)

	In a recent mesage to VIRUS-L, this query was posted:

From:    T.TENG@Macbeth.Stanford.EDU (T. Teng)
Subject: Is this worth $75? (PC)

Someone told me that his product:
1. COMPLETELY protects against invasion of operating system viruses;
2. Prevents the spread of file viruses on hard or floppy disks; and
3. Searches out and suppresses file viruses.
How much protection does this give? Is it worth $75?
Thanks for any answers/comments.
	I think you might get better answers if you gave the
name of the product, and the person or company that makes
it. Perhaps someone else has used it, and can give a review.
As for "Is it worth $75", I'd say maybe so, but F-PROT is
available for a $10 donation, and has programs which can
take care of floppy and hard disk viruses. I don't know
if everything is automatic. However, you can check this
for free, and if it don't do what you want, get rid of
it, and go for the $75 program.

Frank Starr
55srwlgs@sacemnet.af.mil