[comp.virus] 4K virus

HANK@BARILVM.BITNET (Hank Nussbacher) (07/22/90)

I would be interested in more details as to why it is called the IDF virus.
I have never heard about it here in Israel.

Thanks,
Hank

RADAI1@HBUNOS.BITNET (Y. Radai) (07/26/90)

  Hank Nussbacher writes, concerning the 4K virus:
>I would be interested in more details as to why it is called the IDF virus.
>I have never heard about it here in Israel.

Well, as I wrote in Issue 120,
>                                         (Judging from the fact that
>one of its many nicknames is "IDF", it was presumably first discovered
>in the Israel Defense Forces.)

It sounds to me like that answered your question.  The only thing I
can add is that that name was given to it by the Iris Co. in Tel
Aviv.

  If you've never heard of it in Israel, either you don't have it in
your particular area (in which case you're lucky), or you *do* have it
and don't *know* you've got it!  I suggest you get a copy of UnVirus
or similar program as soon as possible in order to find out which of
these is correct.

                                     Y. Radai
                                     Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem, Israel
                                     RADAI1@HBUNOS.BITNET