>From marlin!nosc!manta!bray Wed Aug  1 15:41:42 PDT 1990
Article 660 of nosc.micro:
>From: bray@manta.NOSC.MIL (Robert E. Bray)
Newsgroups: nosc.micro
Subject: DISCOVER Program Warning
Date: 1 Aug 90 22:01:12 GMT

- -------
DISCOVER Program Users:

It has come to the attention of the CRC that the PC program called,
DISCOVER (a disk management desktop utility similar to PC Tools, Norton
Commander, XTREE Pro, etc.), has been programmed with a trigger to
begin ciphering files/directories that are referenced or created AFTER
31 JULY 1990, AND it doesn't let you un-cipher those files/directories!

Users beware--you may want to stop using DISCOVER asap.

Currently, further information on this problem is limited.  However, if
you have questions, call the CRC (Bayside x32247 or Topside x32268).

Bob B. (Bayside CRC)
- -------