[comp.virus] mysterious message

sulistio@sutro.SFSU.EDU (Sulistio Muljadi) (08/31/90)

> Date:    Tue, 28 Aug 90 13:29:40 +0000
> From:    frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason)
> Subject: Mysterious messages (PC)
>
> Does the text "Sudah ada vaksin" mean anything in any language ?  It
> looks like Arabic to me.  This text is found inside the French "Mardi
> Bros" virus.

"Sudah ada vaksin" is an Indonesian language which is mean "There is a
vaccine".  And I believe that Mardi Bros virus is made by Indonesian,
I have a small article about it in Indonesia Computer magazine.  I
don't have it on hand, but it looks like a modification of DenZuk
which is made by Indonesian also.

Mul
sulistio@sutro.sfsu.edu

jabolins@apple.com (John Abolins) (09/04/90)

"Does the text 'Sudah ada vaksin' mean anything in language?"

A short quote like that is similar to the Rosarch <sp?> ink blot test.
One can read different things into it. As one person said, it could be
for "I should have had a vaccine." From my knowledge of Latvian, the
quote looks like a scatalogical reference to vaccines, something
roughly translated as "Excrement upon vaccine". But the quote is not
Latvian. It may be another language of Eastern Europe, perhaps
Lithuanian or Polish.  Again, the quote is much too short and I am am
an ameteur linguist.

As for the question about the word "KONIEC" meaning anything, perhaps
it is a Eastern European (Slavic, perhaps) derivation of the German
word "Koenig" (can't render an umlaut here) meaning "King" ,
"Monarch".

I hope this may provide clues to answer the question.

J. D. Abolins  301 N. Harrison Str. #197  Princeton, NJ 08540  609-633-0740

EIGALY@yubgef51.BITNET (Cedomir Igaly) (09/05/90)

well!jabolins@apple.com (John Abolins) writes:

>As for the question about the word "KONIEC" meaning anything, perhaps
>it is a Eastern European (Slavic, perhaps) derivation of the German
>word "Koenig" (can't render an umlaut here) meaning "King" ,
>"Monarch".

Wrong! Word "KONIEC" is perhaps from Polish language and mean "THE
END".  As I said before, whole text was "The end of the program".
                                        Cedomir Igaly
                                        Zagreb - Yugoslavia

RZOTTO@DKNKURZ1.BITNET (Otto.Stolz) (09/06/90)

Dear ameteur linguist,

> Rosarch <sp?> ink blot test.
Rorschach is a Swiss town at the Bodensee (lake of Constance),
where this test presumably has been developed.

> As for the question about the word "KONIEC" meaning anything,
KONIEC (spelled in various ways according to language, but pronounced
nearly identically) is found in South-Slavic languages, notably
Serbo-Croatic, and if I'm not mistaken also in West-Slavic languages
(as Polish, Czech and Slovakian). It's meaning is "end" (noun).

> I hope this may provide clues to answer the question.
So do I.

Best wishes
            Otto Stolz