[comp.virus] Is it a virus?

eam3427@tesla.njit.edu (10/03/90)

I don't know if what I have is a virus, but once in a while my pc
clone will beep for seemingly no reason.  I've used numerous virus
scans, all came up negative.  Has anyone else had similar 'computer
posessions'?  This is VERY odd... any help would be appreciated!

Ed Mauro

herrickd@uunet.UU.NET (10/09/90)

eam3427@tesla.njit.edu writes:
> I don't know if what I have is a virus, but once in a while my pc
> clone will beep for seemingly no reason.  I've used numerous virus
> scans, all came up negative.  Has anyone else had similar 'computer
> posessions'?  This is VERY odd... any help would be appreciated!
>
> Ed Mauro

I have a clone that beeps whenever there is a static discharge in the
neighborhood.  (There is another computer plugged into the keyboard
port through a box and the combination seems to be an antenna.)  If
you could find a similar cause, your blood pressure might go down a
bit.

dan herrick