[comp.virus] Sunday V. in Turbo C 2.00: is false alarm possible?

S72UZAW@TOE.TOWSON.EDU (Jan C. Zawadzki) (11/27/90)

Greetings...
        Can Turbo C 2.0 execs trigger a Sunday virus alarm?  I
re-installed TC from backups of the original disks, and Sunday virus
was reported (we scan *everything* that goes into our machines) on the
following:
        TC.EXE
        INSTALL.EXE
        GREP.COM [.exe? - I forget]
        UNPACK.COM
Curiously enough, the same was reported when I checked the *original*
disk set.  We have no history of an infection.  None of the
information on any of the machines is missing/damaged.  Are we
incredibly lucky, or does Turbo C trigger the warning?  Would someone
with an ORIGINAL copy of the disk set check?  I used SCAN v67 to
verify the infection, and the same files are reported as infected.  We
would greatly appreciate any help, at this point we are really not
sure what to do...

Jan

ps.  Borland is not aware of any such problems...
- ---
INet: yahn@midget.towson.edu
BNet: S72UZAW@TOWSONVX

squires@philabs.philips.com (Gregg Squires) (12/05/90)

S72UZAW@TOE.TOWSON.EDU (Jan C. Zawadzki) writes:
> Greetings...
>         Can Turbo C 2.0 execs trigger a Sunday virus alarm?  I
..
> incredibly lucky, or does Turbo C trigger the warning?  Would someone
> with an ORIGINAL copy of the disk set check?

I work in a clean environment. My TC 2.0 disks are not infected.

- - Gregg