[comp.virus] Anti-viral hardware

p1@rlyeh.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Slade) (12/07/90)

rtravsky@UWYO.BITNET (Richard W Travsky) writes:

> Going through the December 'Computer Shopper' I spotted an ad for a
> card to protect one's pc from virus infection.  It's called "MYODA
> VG-303", $129, doesn't say anything about how it works.  Anyone have

There are, and have been, a number of hardware products for data
security.  An outfit called Cylink has a card which does data encryption,
thereby (hopefully) preventing any "subtle" damage to your data.
PC-cillin incorporates a plug very much like the copy protection "keys"
some programs have that fit onto the parallel port; in this case it
stores the system ifnormation *off* the hard disk.

Can you send the name and address of the manufacturer of this device?

Robert Slade

Robert_Slade@mtsg.sfu.ca or p1@rlyeh.wimsey.bc.ca