[comp.virus] University Lab Protection

p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Slade) (02/13/91)

ACRAY@ECUVM1.BITNET (RAY) writes:

> virus protection packages. We have a copy of Virex for our use but
> would like to implement something in the labs. We have look at SCAN
> but McAfee shareware site licences prices are exceptionally high.  The
> minimum purchase is for use on 100 machines for $3250. We would

I would suggest you get a copy of F-PROT from one of the server sites
or a local bulletin board.  We just purchased a site license for 100
machines in a government office for $200, the same for your university
would be $100, I believe.

Vancouver          p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca           _n_
Insitute for       Robert_Slade@mtsg.sfu.ca          H
Research into      (SUZY) INtegrity                 /
User               Canada V7K 2G6                O=C\
Security                            Radical Dude   | O- /\_
"A ship in a harbour is safe, but that     /  ||`----'||
is not what ships are built for."             ||      ||
                     - John Parks             ``      ``