[comp.virus] Windows antivirals

p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Slade) (03/01/91)

JSP105@PSUVM.PSU.EDU (Jeff Payne) writes:

> I was curious if there was a Windows 3.0 version (or even aware) of
> any anti virus software?  I am currently evaluating F-Prot and

Of the commercial products I have received for review so far, none
indicate any plans for Windows versions, nor do any of the "leads"
that are published advertising material.

I wonder if Windows versions would be easy.  The "received wisdom" for
Windows users is that you stop running any TSRs before running
Windows.  Scanners, of course, don't need to be TSR, but then, do they
not run well enough as a "non-Windows" program?

Vancouver          p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca   | "It says 'Hit any
Institute for      Robert_Slade@mtsg.sfu.ca | key to continue.'
Research into      (SUZY) INtegrity         | I can't find the
User               Canada V7K 2G6           | 'Any' key on my
Security                                    | keyboard."