[comp.virus] Aircop

p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Slade) (03/05/91)

BL161926@TECMTYVM.BITNET (Jesus Barrera Ramos) writes:

> Last week I detected AirCop virus in two disks of mine (in my systems
> disks to be exact), well I "removed" them with scan72 but in the
> finish of the clearing it said me that "Virus cannot be safely removed

SCAN version 72 is supposed to be able to clear the "Aircop"
infection, but this kind of message is often received if there is a
slight variation in the code.  (This would indicate a new "variant" of
this virus.)

Yes, SYS B: should remove the virus.  Hoffman's list indicates that
the viral code itself is restricted to the boot sector, and therefore
replacing the boot sector should eliminate the code.

Vancouver          p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca   | "It says 'Hit any
Institute for      Robert_Slade@mtsg.sfu.ca | key to continue.'
Research into      (SUZY) INtegrity         | I can't find the
User               Canada V7K 2G6           | 'Any' key on my
Security                                    | keyboard."