[comp.virus] Windows 3.0 / F-Prot

FTHSMULD@rulgl.LeidenUniv.nl (Jeroen W. Pluimers / Jeroen Smulders) (03/05/91)

Tue, 26 Feb 91, Jeff Payne wrote:

> I was curious if there was a windows 3.0 version (or wven aware)
> of any anti virus software?

There is a Dutch anti-virus program that is Windows 3.0 aware.  It is
called TBSCANX (ThunderByte Scanner Resident). It knows when windows
start up, and you can put it on or off in every DOS window without

TBSCANX is a resident scanner that scans for writes to .EXE and .COM files.
When it finds that a virus signature is going to be written, it alarms you.

I'm planning to do an upload of this scanner (+ virus signatures)
to the SIMTEL20 archives ASAP.

> Whoch brings... Is there a "harmless" virus that I could use to test
> my config...

It is included with TBSCAN/TBSCANX.

Jeroen W. Pluimers - Gorlaeus Labs, Leiden University