[comp.virus] FLIP

p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Slade) (03/09/91)

JHOYO@vm1.uam.ES (Javier H. Diez de Baldeon) writes:

> I need all kind of information about the FLIP VIRUS.  May anybody send
> me the SIGNATURE FILE of this particular virus?????  I noticed
> yesterday that I had got it and it hasn{t done any damage yet.  The
> FLIP virus seems to be a mixed one. I thing it infects the boot sector
> and some of the root directory files.  One more thing. It looks
> indetectable for most known virus-detector. I{ve tried several thing
> with no result.  Any help will be usefull.

There is a "Flip" virus which infects both files and the boot sectors
of hard disks.  FPROT should be able to deal with it for you.

If it is the same one that you are seeing it will "reverse" the screen
(horizontally) on the second day of the month, between 4 and 5pm.  You
could set your system clock to that, and see what happens ...

Vancouver          p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca   | "It says 'Hit any
Institute for      Robert_Slade@mtsg.sfu.ca | key to continue.'
Research into      (SUZY) INtegrity         | I can't find the
User               Canada V7K 2G6           | 'Any' key on my
Security                                    | keyboard."