[comp.virus] Has anyone heard of Central Point Anti-Virus?

KARYN@NSSDCA.GSFC.NASA.GOV (03/15/91)

Has anyone ever heard of a PC product called ANTI-VIRUS put out by
Central Point Software of Beaverton, Oregon?  I just got a glossy ad
dropped on my desk from someone who went to FOSE.

I checked thru some past Virus-L digests, and found two reviews of
products called Antivirus: one in digest V4-23 for a product by
Techmar Computer Products and one in digest V4-42 for a product by
Fink Enterprises.

Karen Pichnarczyk
karyn@nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov

p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Slade) (03/23/91)

KARYN@NSSDCA.GSFC.NASA.GOV writes:

> Has anyone ever heard of a PC product called ANTI-VIRUS put out by
> Central Point Software of Beaverton, Oregon?  I just got a glossy ad
>
> I checked thru some past Virus-L digests, and found two reviews of
> products called Antivirus: one in digest V4-23 for a product by
> Techmar Computer Products and one in digest V4-42 for a product by

"Antivirus" is an understandably common name for antiviral products.
(Another is "Vaccine".)  Neither of the reviews that you have mentioned
is of the Central Point product, nor is the review of Norton Antivirus
which is somewhere in the pipeline.

The Central Point program is very new, and I have not yet received a
copy, although I have written to the company.

Ken should have eight reviews (of mine, anyway) on file at cert by now.

Vancouver          p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca   | You realize, of
Institute for      Robert_Slade@mtsg.sfu.ca | course, that these
Research into      (SUZY) INtegrity         | new facts do not
User               Canada V7K 2G6           | coincide with my
Security                                    | preconceived ideas