[comp.virus] Request for general virus info

AWOODHULL%HAMPVMS.BITNET@YALEVM.YCC.Yale.Edu (Al Woodhull) (03/23/91)

Dear VIRUS-L readers,
        I can't claim to be a virus expert, but I am trying to learn
as much as possible about virus action and prevention. As the only
faculty member at Hampshire College who teaches assembly language
programming and computer architecture I am the best candidate to
become a local semi-expert.
        I am currently planning a presentation for faculty, staff, and
students on the virus problem. I will concentrate on techniques to
prevent virus infection and to recognize and to recover if prevention
fails, but I will also, as time allows, say a little about the history
of the problem and the mechanisms of PC viruses with which I am
familiar.
        In the interest of avoiding duplication of effort I would be
grateful if any readers of VIRUS-L could send me any materials they
may have prepared for similar presentations, or pointers to available
documents that they feel should be collected for a local reference
collection on the subject.
        I will prepare some materials myself to hand out to those
present, and I will be happy to share these, and anything I receive
from others, with any VIRUS-L readers who want them.

Thank you,
Albert S. Woodhull      awoodhull@hampvms.bitnet

p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Slade) (03/29/91)

AWOODHULL%HAMPVMS.BITNET@YALEVM.YCC.Yale.Edu (Al Woodhull) writes:

> Dear VIRUS-L readers,
>         I can't claim to be a virus expert, but I am trying to learn
> as much as possible about virus action and prevention. As the only
> faculty member at Hampshire College who teaches assembly language
> programming and computer architecture I am the best candidate to
> become a local semi-expert.

For those on the east coast, a two day seminar will be presented in
Arlington, VA April 23 - 24, and New York City April 25-26.  For
information contact the Center for Advanced Professional Development
at (714) 261-0240.

Vancouver          p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca   | You realize, of
Institute for      Robert_Slade@mtsg.sfu.ca | course, that these
Research into      (SUZY) INtegrity         | new facts do not
User               Canada V7K 2G6           | coincide with my
Security                                    | preconceived ideas