[comp.virus] Need information about VIRUS BUSTER

R.Grapes@massey.ac.nz (Robert Grapes) (03/25/91)

Hi,

I am trying to obtain as much information as possible about a product
called VIRUS BUSTER. The only information I have about it is that it
appears to be an Australian product. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Robert Grapes,  Systems Programmer,  Computer Centre,  Massey University
Voice: +64 63 69099 ext 7615                Email: R.Grapes@massey.ac.nz

act@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Andrew Turner) (04/03/91)

R.Grapes@massey.ac.nz (Robert Grapes) writes:
>I am trying to obtain as much information as possible about a product
>called VIRUS BUSTER. The only information I have about it is that it
>appears to be an Australian product. Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.

Virus Buster is marketted by:
	Leprechaun Software Pty Ltd
	PO Box 134
	Lutwyche  Queensland  4003
	Australia

A contact for them is Lindsay Hough +61 7 2524037

At the University of Canberra we have just purchased a site license
after reviewing a number of antivirus products.  As with all of them
it has its pros and cons.  I was surprised to find an Australian
product able to keep track of the latest virii, these guys seem to
have the right sources.  The product approaches the Virus problem from
very sound principles and while signatures are used it is recognised
that with the exponential growth in virii this approach has limits.
Virus Buster also uses ISO standard check-summing at very low levels
to defeat virii which attempt to catch and defeat check-summers.

For the State-side listeners. Virus Buster makets out of
	Leprechaun International
	2284 Pine Warbler Way (pretty name eh!)
	Marietta Georgia 30062 USA
	404 971 8900
	fax 404 971 8988

I would be happy to accept queries via e-mail.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSTING IS NOT AIMED AT PROMOTING THIS PRODUCT OVER
ANY OTHER.  SO LETS NOT HAVE A NEWS WAR!!!

I believe that

- --
 Andrew Turner   :-)    | E-mail : act@csc.canberra.edu.au
 Comp. Services Centre  | +61 6 2522414 / +61 6 2522401
 University of Canberra |________________  fax +61 6 2522400
 P.O. Box 1 BELCONNEN ACT 2616 AUSTRALIA |