[comp.virus] F-PROT 1.13 vs. 1.14 Bug?

rtravsky@CORRAL.UWyo.Edu (Richard W Travsky) (04/03/91)

I have an older version of the Jerusalem virus (2 years or so) I use
for testing.  F-Prot version 1.13 detects and removes it, version
1.14a detects it but doesn't remove it, saying it's an unknown
variant.

Does anyone have any other information or similar reports on version
differences?  I've sent this on to Mr. Skulason, but I don't think my
mail is getting through.

Richard Travsky
Division of Information Technology     Internet: RTRAVSKY @ CORRAL.UWYO.EDU
University of Wyoming                  (307) 766 - 3663 / 3668

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (04/07/91)

rtravsky@CORRAL.UWyo.Edu (Richard W Travsky) writes:
>I have an older version of the Jerusalem virus (2 years or so) I use
>for testing.  F-Prot version 1.13 detects and removes it, version
>1.14a detects it but doesn't remove it, saying it's an unknown
>variant.

You are right, it is a bug in version 1.14 - It will not remove some
of the Jerusalem variants, athough it detects and stops them all.
This has been fixed in 1.15, which will pe distributed in just a few
days.

- -frisk