[comp.virus] Virex-PC and PKlite ?

jguo@cs.NYU.EDU (Jun Guo) (04/12/91)

Hi,

   Will Virex-PC scan into PKlited files using 'extra compression method'?
(which cannot be expanded using PKlite -x).

   And where can I get a demo version of Virex-PC?

   Thanks.

Jun

c-rossgr@uunet.uu.net (04/23/91)

> From:    jguo@cs.NYU.EDU (Jun Guo)
>
> Will Virex-PC scan into PKlited files using 'extra compression method'?
> (which cannot be expanded using PKlite -x).
>
>    And where can I get a demo version of Virex-PC?

Yup: Virex-PC (Version 1.2 and later) will scan inside of PKLITE
files, including the "extra compression method".  You should be able
to get a copy of VIRX, the demo, at most BBS's -- call mine at
(212)-889-6438 if you like.

Ross M. Greenberg