[comp.virus] Address; Eddie; "Virii;" 12 Tricks

walker@aedc-vax.af.mil (William Walker C60223 x4570) (05/15/91)

Four things:

First, Greg Broiles ( greg@agora.rain.com ) writes:
> > Bill Walker ( WALKER@AEDC-VAX.AF.MIL )
> old signature - address bad!

That is my current address -- the VIRUS-L server sends the VIRUS-L
issues to it successfully.  Perhaps your name server didn't recognize
it -- try using 26.14.0.41 instead of AEDC-VAX.AF.MIL.

Second, Rob Slade ( p1@arkham.wimsey.bc.ca ) writes:
> Question 5:  Who is "Eddie"?  (10 points)
> You would have a great time going through the old issues researching
> this one.  I think the Heavy Metal crew have one the day on this one.

I have read back.  My comment about "Eddie and the Cruisers" was just
my two cents worth, and an alternative to the "Iron Maiden" idea.

Third, A. Padgett Peterson ( padgett%tccslr.dnet@mmc.com ) writes:
> Subject: re: Virii (sic) in Factory Software

You're right, I'm wrong.  I looked it up.  The correct plural of
"virus" is "viri," with one "i," not "virii" like I've been spelling
it.  That's what I get for believing what people tell me. :-)

Fourth, I have uploaded a file, 12TRICKS.TXT, to CERT.SEI.CMU.EDU
(128.237.253.5).  Ken has made it available in /pub/virus-l/docs.  It
contains an in-depth analysis of the Twelve Tricks Trojan Horse by Dr.
Alan Solomon of S&S Anti Virus Group and Christoph Fischer of
Micro-BIT Virus Centre, University of Karlsruhe.

Bill Walker ( WALKER@AEDC-VAX.AF.MIL ) |
OAO Corporation                        |  "I think, therefore I am.
Arnold Engineering Development Center  |      Nah, I think not."
M.S. 120                               |           *POOF*
Arnold Air Force Base, TN  37389-9998  |