[comp.virus] Virus-Buster

phan@latcs1.lat.oz.au (Trieu B Phan) (05/28/91)

   Has anyone ever used that(Virus-buster).
   It seems strange to me,I have installed it on my PC and after I
reboot the PC is hang,I have to use a bootdisk to turn on.
   Any ideas,please drop me a line.
                             Thanks in advance !

act@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Andrew Turner) (05/30/91)

phan@latcs1.lat.oz.au (Trieu B Phan) writes:
>   Has anyone ever used that(Virus-buster).
>   It seems strange to me,I have installed it on my PC and after I
>reboot the PC is hang,I have to use a bootdisk to turn on.
>   Any ideas,please drop me a line.

While this is not a 'plug' for Virus Buster I am concerned that such a
simple statement as above could be seen as negative for what is, among
the several anti-viral packages on the market, a basically good
product.  Furthermore Leprechaun Software, who market Virus Buster,
are very approachable and will readily assist all users.  I note that
the poster is a down under person and thus can readily avail himself
of this facility. FLAME OFF.

Each of the anti-virals has its pros and cons - none are a 'complete'
solution.  We successfully use Virus Buster on student access PC's and
are most happy with the results. DISMOUNT SOAPBOX.

I will e-mail Triu B Phan and see if he can be helped.

- --
 Andrew Turner  act@csc.canberra.edu.au
	Die, v:	To stop sinning suddenly.
			-- Elbert Hubbard