[comp.virus] AIDS Information Trojan

mcafee@netcom.com (McAfee Associates) (05/31/91)

Does anyone recall whatever happened to Joseph W Popp, the alleged
mastermind behind the AIDS Introductory Information Trojan Diskette?
Apparently he was arrested in late February or early March of 1990 on
charges of extortion and blackmail, but I have not heard anything
since.  Was he convicted?  Were the charges against him dismissed?

If anyone could mail a reply it would be appreciated.

Aryeh Goretsky
McAfee Associates Technical Support

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (06/04/91)

mcafee@netcom.com (McAfee Associates) writes:
>Does anyone recall whatever happened to Joseph W Popp, the alleged
>mastermind behind the AIDS Introductory Information Trojan Diskette?

The trial date has been set for November 11th and will take place at
Southwark Crown Court, London.

- -frisk

Fridrik Skulason                 Technical Editor of the Virus Bulletin (UK)
(author of F-PROT)               E-Mail: frisk@rhi.hi.is    Fax: 354-1-28801