[comp.virus] Help With Frodo & Yankee Doodle

Alan@aj.ds.mcc.ac.uk (Alan Jones) (05/20/91)

Alan J Jones
Manchester Computing Centre
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
M13 9PL
England

           FRODO & YANKEE DOODLE

Has anyone got any information on these two viruses.
They have just arrived on the campus ( 2000+ computers ),
I have managed to contain them so far but I am worried as they are brand
new to this site; at the moment there is only myself who is dealing with
the virus problem and it's great fun just keeping up with the ones that
I know about.

Viruses that have arrived in the last three years are

STONED, PING PONG, JERUSALEM (1813), DARK AVENGER, V2100, VIENNA,
ITIALIAN, YALE, BRAIN ( LIMITED INFECTION ), LISBON, CASCADE.

The last virus to hit hard was V2100 which is running rampent but I
can deal with that one at the moment.

                     Thanks Alan

dave@nucleus (Dave Coder) (06/14/91)

Alan@aj.ds.mcc.ac.uk (Alan Jones) writes:
>            FRODO & YANKEE DOODLE
>
> Has anyone got any information on these two viruses.
> They have just arrived on the campus ( 2000+ computers ),

Norton Antivirus 1.0.0 gets both Yankee Doodle (various forms) and
Frodo (4096). You can install as RAM-resident program to check
incoming files. It works.

Dave
dcoder@milton.u.washington.edu