[comp.virus] Virus checking for Sun4

xcaret@teal.csn.org (Xcaret Research) (06/25/91)

Can someone point me to information about virus checking for a Sun4
computer.  Is there ftp'able software or any good commercial software?

Thanks,
John

[Ed. While not specifically an anti-virus program, you might want to
start by looking at COPS.  It's available from comp.sources.unix and
by anonymous FTP on cert.sei.cmu.edu.]

tommyp@ida.liu.se (Tommy Pedersen) (06/27/91)

xcaret@teal.csn.org (Xcaret Research) writes:

>Can someone point me to information about virus checking for a Sun4
>computer.  Is there ftp'able software or any good commercial software?

I don't know if there are any ftp'able software but there is a
product called TCell which the company I work for manufactures.

***** BE AWARE!! Information about this commersial product follows... *****

TCell is more than an antivirus system, it detects any kinds of unexpected
changes to the file system. Thus it can also be used in software management
for example to keep control that software not is changed after it's release.
You can probably think of yet other use in your organization.

TCell can also be used as a virus detection tool for PC's using software
residuing on a unix server.

If you like more information, give me an email to tommyp@isy.liu.se, call me
at +46 13 235200 in Sweden, fax me at +46 13 212185 or write to the address
below.

Tommy Pedersen
SECTRA AB
Teknikringen 2
S-583 30 LINKOPING

- --
/Tommy Pedersen
|E-mail: tommyp@isy.liu.se        /\                            |
|S-mail: Tommy Pedersen          / /  Telephone: +46 13 282369  |
|        Dept. of EE             | |        FAX: +46 13 289282  |
|        Linkoping University    |.>                            |
|        S-581 83 Linkoping      |/                             |