[net.followup] Final Presidential Poll Results

joe@petsd.UUCP (Joe Orost) (11/07/84)

---------
Seems like the weekly reader poll is much more accurate!

					regards,
					joe

--
Full-Name:  Joseph M. Orost
UUCP:       ..!{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!vax135!petsd!joe

dxp@pyuxhh.UUCP (D Peak) (11/07/84)

-->Here is the final update of the Presidential poll.  Our site has had
-->some problems with the net lately so I hope it makes it out to you all.
-->
-->		VOTES		%
-->	    -------------------------
-->
-->Mondale		79		59.4
-->
-->Reagan		49		36.8
-->
-->Bergland	4		--
-->
-->Gus & Angie 	1		--
-->
-->Tom Hill
-->

   At last proof positive that most people on the net wouldn't know sh*t
from chocolate pudding !!!

--

    Dave Peak (pyuxhh!dxp)

"He's a legend in his own mind"

spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) (11/09/84)

In article <> dxp@pyuxhh.UUCP (D Peak) writes:

>   At last proof positive that most people on the net wouldn't know sh*t
>from chocolate pudding !!!

Well, at least I know the difference.  I have difficulty with shinola,
however.

The presidential poll on the net proves something else -- netters are
not your average Americans.  Judging from the election results, the
majority of Americans like their presidents exactly like their
other heros, their food, their cars, etc:  great appearance, but no
real substance.  Here on the net, people don't seem to care about
appearance, and many don't care about substance either!
--
Off the Wall of Gene Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

bees@drutx.UUCP (11/10/84)

I guess this poll shows how useful a usenet poll is!

Ray Davis
AT&T Information Systems Laboratories, Denver
{ihnp4, houxe, stcvax!ihnp4}!drutx!bees, (303)538-3991

biep@klipper.UUCP (J. A. "Biep" Durieux) (11/12/84)

>Here is the final update of the Presidential poll.  Our site has had
>some problems with the net lately so I hope it makes it out to you all.
>
>		VOTES		%
>	    -------------------------
>
>Mondale		79		59.4
>
>Reagan		49		36.8
>
>Bergland	4		--
>
>Gus & Angie 	1		--
>
>Tom Hill

What would the result have been if all candidates had only been known
by their USENET postings? And what would the result of the real elections
have been (supposed that all Americans had net access)? Wouldn't it be a
nice idea to start a net-president campaign: Whoever wants to be candidate
just starts posting articles about his/her political,economical &c. views,
and in some months elections will be held? No parties, just private candi-
dates. Of course, someone who feels he will loose might propose one of his
opponents to be voted. Polls could be held, debates could be arranged, any-
thing.

Anyone interested?

--

							  Biep.
	{seismo|decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!botter!klipper!biep

I utterly disagree with everything you are saying, but I am
prepared to fight myself to death for your right to say it.
							--Voltaire

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (11/13/84)

>   At last proof positive that most people on the net wouldn't know sh*t
>from chocolate pudding !!!

What?  Mondale was running under the name of Chocolate Pudding?

Well, if that's true, then I guess you're right....

                        "Nun-beating? Good Lord, man, I can't condone THAT!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

faustus@ucbcad.UUCP (11/14/84)

> What would the result have been if all candidates had only been known
> by their USENET postings? And what would the result of the real elections
> have been (supposed that all Americans had net access)? Wouldn't it be a
> nice idea to start a net-president campaign: Whoever wants to be candidate
> just starts posting articles about his/her political,economical &c. views,
> and in some months elections will be held? No parties, just private candi-
> dates. Of course, someone who feels he will loose might propose one of his
> opponents to be voted. Polls could be held, debates could be arranged, any-
> thing.

Yes, we can even start a new party, the Hackercrats... I'm afraid that
if our platform were based on the way most of the people on this net
seem to feel about politics, it would be much too anarchistic for my
taste... :-)

	Wayne