[comp.mail.mush] Bcc in auto_hdr

crehta@tasu77.UUCP (Ran Ever-Hadani) (05/16/89)

Another suggestion for further releases of mush:

I find the auto_hdr option very useful.  I only wish it let you edit the
Bcc: header in the same way it treats Cc: .

A general sollution might be allowing my_hdr to be applied to an empty
header, e.g.

my_hdr Some-Header: ''

To set a header with no text.

This will also allow editing of personalized headers, which do not have
a default value.

-- Ran

argv%eureka@Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (05/17/89)

In article <1700@taux01.UUCP> crehta%taux01%nsc.com@sun.com (Ran Ever-Hadani) writes:
> Another suggestion for further releases of mush:
>
> I find the auto_hdr option very useful.  I only wish it let you edit the
> Bcc: header in the same way it treats Cc: .
>
> A general sollution might be allowing my_hdr to be applied to an empty
> header, e.g.
>
> my_hdr Some-Header: ''

You can do this, but instead of using a null string, use a "blank". e.g.
my_hdr Bcc: " "
This way, Bcc: has the value of " " (a space) but spaces are ignored
in the header-parsing method and the header won't be added.

    dan  <argv@sun.com>

crehta@tasu77.UUCP (Ran Ever-Hadani) (05/17/89)

In article <105202@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> argv@sun.UUCP (Dan Heller) writes:
>In article <1700@taux01.UUCP> crehta%taux01%nsc.com@sun.com (Ran Ever-Hadani) writes:
>> I find the auto_hdr option very useful.  I only wish it let you edit the
>> Bcc: header in the same way it treats Cc: .
>>
>You can do this, but instead of using a null string, use a "blank". e.g.
>my_hdr Bcc: " "
>This way, Bcc: has the value of " " (a space) but spaces are ignored
>in the header-parsing method and the header won't be added.
>
>    dan  <argv@sun.com>

I tried it and the Bcc: does not appear in the edited file;  so
it does not behave as with the Cc: .

Is that a bug? if not, is there a different simple sollution to the problem?

(I could start messing with $visual, i.e. have it point to a shell script
etc., but this does not seem clean).

-- Ran

schaefer@ogccse.ogc.edu (Barton E. Schaefer) (05/17/89)

In article <1713@taux01.UUCP> crehta%taux01%nsc.com@sun.com (Ran Ever-Hadani) writes:
} In article <105202@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> argv@sun.UUCP (Dan Heller) writes:
} >In article <1700@taux01.UUCP> crehta%taux01%nsc.com@sun.com (Ran Ever-Hadani) writes:
} >> I find the auto_hdr option very useful.  I only wish it let you edit the
} >> Bcc: header in the same way it treats Cc: .
} >>
}
} I tried it and the Bcc: does not appear in the edited file;  so
} it does not behave as with the Cc: .
}
} Is that a bug? if not, is there a different simple sollution to the problem?

It's a bug.  Don't worry, patch 3 is coming ....
--
Bart Schaefer       "And if you believe that, you'll believe anything."
							-- DangerMouse