From: "Barton E. Schaefer" <island!ucbcad!cse.ogc.edu!schaefer>

On Jun 16, 11:46pm, Dan Heller wrote:
} Subject: Re: Ignored headers
}
} > On Jun 16,  3:53pm, "Barton E. Schaefer" wrote:
}
} > The alwaysignore variable is really sort of broken anyway.  ...
} > ...  The only case I can come up
} > with where $alwaysignore has any effect is for the "Pipe" command, which
} > becomes completely equivalent to "pipe" when $alwaysignore is set.
}
} As time went on, it came to be that the only place where alwaysignore
} is really used is when you print mail via "lpr" and the "Pipe" command.

I should probably point out that I typo'd bigtime there -- of course I
meant "Print" and "print", not "Pipe" and "pipe".  I'm surprised Dan
didn't catch it.

Just trying to avoid future confusion ....

--
Bart Schaefer           "And if you believe that, you'll believe anything."
                                                            -- DangerMouse