[comp.mail.mush] mush FIX

rac@sherpa.uucp (Roger A. Cornelius) (09/17/89)

From article <1231@rel.mi.org>, by bob@rel.mi.org (Bob Leffler):
> In article <145@sherpa.uucp>, rac@sherpa.uucp (Roger A. Cornelius) writes:
>
> I thought it was just me going crazy.  I'm running SCO Xenix/286 2.2.1
> with MUSH 6.5.6.  About two or three days ago, I started experiencing
> the exact same errors.  I've been using this version of MUSH since 7/2/89
> and it's worked without a single problem.
>
> Since it's happening on more than one system, it appears to have been
> triggered by date sensitive routine.  Any ideas as to where to start
> looking?

I'm convinced it was a date triggered bomb planted by Dan and Bart to
get all of us 286 users to upgrade so they won't have to program around
it's problems :-) :-).

To fix it, change the declaration of days_ctr in parse_date() (file
dates.c) from int to unsigned, at about line 140.

Hopefully this will be included in a future "official" patch.

Roger (It's sure nice to have mush back!)
--
Roger A. Cornelius           rac@sherpa            uunet!sherpa!rac