[comp.mail.mush] xmush ???

browning@redwood.math.ucla.edu (10/02/89)

When can we expect to see an X11 interface for mush?
After mushview matures some?  I'm sure it would be
well received.  Lots of people like mush, and lots
like xwindows.  (Don't they?)

-- David

UUCP:...!{rutgers,ucbvax,sdcrdcf,{hao!cepu}}!ucla-se!math.ucla.edu!browning
ARPA: browning@math.ucla.edu        BITNET: browning%math.ucla.edu@INTERBIT

argv%turnpike@Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (10/03/89)

In article <1796@sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU> browning@MATH.UCLA.EDU () writes:
> When can we expect to see an X11 interface for mush?
> After mushview matures some?  I'm sure it would be
> well received.  Lots of people like mush, and lots
> like xwindows.  (Don't they?)

Well, XView is Sun's user interface toolkit for X and it's freely
available.  It's based on Sunview, so there should be few code
changes (altho a bunch of #defines) to get it to run under that.
However, for the time being, XView is too buggy to use reliably,
and I don't want to release a version of mush that will support it
unless I can allow a makefile to simply have -DXVIEW to compile for
the XView version.  Right now, there just has to be too many code
changes.  Probably by the time R4 is released, I might have done
something.

dan <island!argv@sun.com>
-----
My postings reflect my opinion only -- not the opinion of any company.