[comp.mail.mush] MMDF, Smail and Elm Mailer

argv%turnpike@Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (11/22/89)

One thing that would help is to post to comp.mail.mush rather than
comp.mail.elm :-)

In article <5484@cps3xx.UUCP> las@frith.UUCP (Larry A. Shields {runs Lunapark}) writes:
I've tried running Mush with SCO UNIX 3.2 and mmdf but when I try to
send mail submit returns a error message "Can't create file" and dumps
my letter into a dead.letter file.  I would be interested in seeing the
config.h file of anyone whose has been sucessful in making this
combination work.  Or any hints. I am using Mush 6.5.

==larry
LARRY SHIELDS                        USENET: ...!frith!lunapark!larry
P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields
E. Lansing, MI 48826                 Compuserve: 70277,3677
************lunapark bbs 2400/1200 8-1-N 24hrs (517) 487-3356************
dan

jpp@specialix.co.uk (John Pettitt) (11/25/89)

argv%turnpike@Sun.COM (Dan Heller) writes:

>One thing that would help is to post to comp.mail.mush rather than
>comp.mail.elm :-)

>In article <5484@cps3xx.UUCP> las@frith.UUCP (Larry A. Shields {runs Lunapark}) writes:
>I've tried running Mush with SCO UNIX 3.2 and mmdf but when I try to
>send mail submit returns a error message "Can't create file" and dumps
>my letter into a dead.letter file.  I would be interested in seeing the
>config.h file of anyone whose has been sucessful in making this
>combination work.  Or any hints. I am using Mush 6.5.

>==larry
>LARRY SHIELDS                        USENET: ...!frith!lunapark!larry
>P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields
>E. Lansing, MI 48826                 Compuserve: 70277,3677
>************lunapark bbs 2400/1200 8-1-N 24hrs (517) 487-3356************
>dan

The problem is the permissions  are wrong in the default sco mmdf.

Run /usr/mmdf/bin/checkup and it will tell you what's wrong.

John Pettitt				UUCP:  uunet!slxsys!jpp
Internet: John.Pettitt@specialix.co.uk	JANET: emxxjpp@uk.ac.brunel.me
POTS: +44 1 941 2564			FAX:   +44 1 941 4098
Disclaimer: Me, say that ?  Never, it's a forged posting !

Running checkup & not defining PICKY_MAILER (seemed like a good idea at
the time ) fixed most everything.  I still can't update my system
mail box.  Since it works ok with a mail folder in my home directory I
assume this too is a permission problem I haven't solved.  The other
problem is related to the new "color aware" curses.  When I exit from the
mush curses mode the screen color gets reset to black and white.
Haven't tracked that one down yet.

thanks,