[comp.mail.mush] Broken reply?

ste@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (Shaun T. Erickson) (12/19/89)

I'm running Mush 7.0.1 on a Sun 3/60 running OS 4.0.1. Mush was compiled
right out of the box using makefile.sun.

The problem is in tool mode. First, I left click on "compose" to bring up
the compose subwindow. Then I right click on "reply" to bring up the reply
menu. All of the functions associated with each entry works fine, with the
exception of "Sender Only (include msg)" which causes Mush to coredump due
to a segmentation violation.

I'm at a loss as to why this fails, when the "All Recipients (include msg)"
menu selection works just fine ....
 Shaun T. Erickson       Contracted to AT&T Bell Labs, Allentown, Pennsylvania
 Internet: ste%hudson@aloft.att.com             UUCP: ...!att!aloft!hudson!ste
 Standard Disclaimer.                                     This space for rent.

del@thrush.semi.harris-atd.com (Don Lewis) (12/23/89)

In article <7780@cbnewsm.ATT.COM> ste@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (Shaun T. Erickson) writes:
>I'm running Mush 7.0.1 on a Sun 3/60 running OS 4.0.1. Mush was compiled
>right out of the box using makefile.sun.
>
>The problem is in tool mode. First, I left click on "compose" to bring up
>the compose subwindow. Then I right click on "reply" to bring up the reply
>menu. All of the functions associated with each entry works fine, with the
>exception of "Sender Only (include msg)" which causes Mush to coredump due
>to a segmentation violation.
>
>I'm at a loss as to why this fails, when the "All Recipients (include msg)"
>menu selection works just fine ....

Increase the size of the buf[] array in respond_mail() in doproc.c.  It was
being overflowed, corrupting the value of the current message number.
Making it 32 bytes sounds like a nice round number to me.
--
Don "Truck" Lewis                                     Harris Semiconductor
Internet (if you're lucky): del@semi.harris-atd.com   PO Box 883   MS 62A-028